Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pop Print

Pop Print

The pop print project was one that I enjoyed to do because of what you could do with it. The process of making the print and carving the stamp was time consuming and delicate work, but in the end it was all worth it. After finally deciding on a object that you thought would be good to draw, you had to spend a long time trying to draw a representation of it in your eyes. After drawing it, the drawing would get transferred to the stamp where you would then have to carve it in the way that you want. The object I used was a highlighter. I did two of them. It was such a common object that it would seem boring or dull, but that is why I choose it. To show what the pop print can make a everyday object look. The pop prints can use different colors or carvings in different places to make it stand out. The highlighters I did I tried to make stand out, but also blend in. It is common objects like these that art can make interesting and have us look at them in a whole new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment